Home > Windows > Office and News > Calibre 3.7.0
The Calibre Software is a comprehensive e-book suite which is supported on multiple platforms and is available as a freeware open-source utility. The software was first released in the year 2006.
The software suite supports reading e-books on multiple devices that are connected to the system. For example: If the Kindle device is attached to the system and the user intends to view the e-book through this device, the software enables the user to read the e-books through this device.
Addition to supporting e-books on the devices, the software utility allows the user to manage the e-book collections that includes: adding e-books from multiple sources, editing the meta data of the selected books, exporting and importing e-books to and from various sources, converting various forms of information such as news, magazines, reviews into e-books, and searching for e-books from various locations based on various meta data type, such as author, title, tags. Additionally, the software utility allows the user to convert the e-book from one format to another and provides a search engine for the user to search for e-books, based on the meta data type, from various well-known websites such as Amazon Kindle, Barnes and noble.
: Calibre 3.7.0
: 59.2 MB
: Open Source
: Win7 32-bit / Win7 64-bit / Win8 32-bit / Win8 64-bit / Vista 32-bit / Vista 64-bit
- Allow searching for books in a virtual library using a new 'vl:' prefix
- Server: Show file sizes in the tooltips for the download buttons.
- Server: Reduce the grid view minimum cover thumbnail size from 150px to 105px
- Narrow layout: Fix wasted space to the left of the comments in the Book details panel
> Bug fixes
- Server: Fix downloading files via the list of formats not working when launching calibre from the home screen on iOS
- Browser viewer: Fix controls help overlay not being displayed the first time the viewer is used
- MOBI Output: Fix a regression causing a crash for some input documents that specify text-transform or font-variant CSS properties.
- DOCX Input: Fix framed lists being rendered with the frame inside the bullets instead of outside it.
- Fix a regression that could cause conversion to crash when using the first-letter CSS pseudo selector and outputting to MOBI or DOCX.
- Conversion: Fix remove first image option not working for comic input with the disable comic processing option.
- Server: Fix tooltip not working in the cover grid view.
- Workaround for Qt bug that prevented using the shift and ctrl keys with the touchscreen
- Linux: fix native KDE file dialog not working on older systems
- Linux: Fix KDE dialogs not supporting multiple file name filter groups
- Fix libraries being sorted alphabetically by full path rather than just library name
- Server: Allow hyphens in user names
- calibredb.exe: Fix misleading error message when connecting to a server with incorrect username or password
> New news sources
- Paris Review and Public Domain Review
- IDPixel and The Insider
> Improved news sources
- Asian review of Books
- Financial Times
- National Post
- Go Comics
Screenshots are not available