Home > Windows > CD and DVD > IsoBuster 4.0
IsoBuster rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD, DVD or a Blu Ray disc. Recover deleted files from a Hard Drive, Memory card or of from flash media that Windows says needs to be formatted ! Save important documents, precious pictures or video from the family, your only system backup,...
- Data recovery from all possible CD, DVD and Blu Ray (BD & HD DVD) formats
- Data Recovery from Hard Drives, USB flash / thumb sticks, Memory stick, compact media cards, MMC media cards, SD, Micro SD, Mini SD, xD, GSM, CF, SDHC, SDSC, SDXC, SDIO, mobile phone memory card, memory cards that are used in digital cameras, camcorders, cell phones, MP3 players and any other type media cards, Floppy, Zip and Jaz drives etc.
- All device access, media access, data gathering and interpretation is done exclusively by the software. It does not rely on Windows to provide or interpret the data and so can work completely independent from Windows' limitations.
- Better error handling and several retry-mechanisms to aid you in getting the data anyway.
- The use of both generic and alternative ways to get to the data, get the best out of your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- The use of primary and secondary file systems to get to the data and/or make use of file system data that might be ignored or 'forgotten' by popular OS. Explore the alternatives.
- CDs stay 'readable' after problems (such as Buffer Under-run,...).
- Read / Extraction from open sessions.
- And Many More...
: IsoBuster 4.0
: 4.6 MB
: Win7 32-bit / Win7 64-bit / Win8 32-bit / Win8 64-bit / Vista 32-bit / Vista 64-bit
- Huge changes to the GUI to keep up with current and newer OS.
- Added very powerful search functionality immediately accessible via the main window.
- Added pre-defined search queries. For instance search for pictures, video etc.
- Detect whether drives are added or removed from the system and automatically update the drive selection combobox without affecting the currently selected drive or image file.
- Automatic drive add or removal detection can be enabled / disabled in Options (On by default).
- Ability to show graphical represenation of good vs bad blocks on all objects, files, partitions, tracks etc via the Properties dialog.
- Good vs bad blocks are also shown in the Managed Image File Manager [Professional license]. Here it is possible to select a block or zoom into the block and auto-fill the Address and Blocks' fields to easily define what blocks need to be re-read etc.
- Added easy history browsing via the breadcrumbs control.
- Improved opening image files while another process (Refreshing) is ongoing.
- Improved checking if a file is already opened, no matter what method is used to open the file.
- A managed clone will detect when its target drive is connected to the system.
- Avoid trying to read PathTable found ISO9660/Joliet folders without a size again and again in case of read errors.
- Huge changes in the underlying GUI code/engine to be able to keep up with modern OS and prepare for the future.
- Improved the search engine dramatically to be extremely powerful. Easily find fragmented files, extents, streams, etc. etc.
- Improved message boxes.
- Improved breadcrumbs control so that is behaves similar than modern OS.
- Improved image file (ISO, IMG, VDI, IBP/IBQ, ...) access and reading, for most type images files, so that it is a lot faster now.
- Show Media in the breadcrumb bar when selecting a drive (or when starting up with a drive).
- Show NTFS File System Root properties.
- Better filtering of illegal characters from devices names.
- Chosing large fonts also auto-selects the use of larger icons.
- Double clicking a Partition, Track or Session in ListView now also shows its children in ListView (except for Audio CDs).
- File systems are listed in ListView as well, when the track or partition in selected in the TreeView.
- Easy way via ListView to start a scan for missing files and folders, when a partition without file systems is selected.
- Ability to right mouse click and show a file's resource fork.
- Updated file system icons.
- Avoid excessive IBP updating, mainly when completing on demand.
- Lots of improvements, changes and re-writes in the core code / engine, as this is a living project and to deal with the ever growing new functionality.
- Various other, not listed, GUI improvements.
- Do not allow to select a new device via the back and forward (history) buttons when critical GUI List/Tree Item processes are ongoing.
- Fix it so that a check to see if a file contains video keeps returning consistent data after for instance Extract2Mpg has been chosen.
- Fixed rare stack overflow when exploring NTFS, in case of many small nested folders.
- Fix and return consistent data after an NTFS search for deleted files/folders when sorting is turned off entirely.
Screenshots are not available